Rules, Policies, Guidelines
The updated Rules and Policies for Competition, Code of Conduct, Safeplay and more are provided on the Canberra Region Rugby League website (opens in new tab).
The Juniors’ Club Constitution is being updated and will be available here in the 2021 season.
Playing Up Forms
If a player wants to play in a higher age group (e.g. a player than should be playing in U10’s playing in U11’s) then the parent or guardian need to read and sign the NSWRL Community Rugby Leagues Association “PLAYING IN HIGHER AGE GROUP CONSENT FORM” (available here). Please note, approval should not be assumed. The Club (or League) may deny the request if it does not believe the player has the required capacity. Our Club is unlikely to approve any requests for playing two years up, noting there are additional requirements for any such requests (and play cannot occur prior to approvals).
A Club representative will ensure that the parent/guardian and the player are aware of the increased physical and mental risks from playing in a higher age group. The Club Coach (along with the relevant age coach) will assess the players abilities to be able to play in the higher age group before considering for approval. The Club representative will only provide the signed approval after the following steps have been met:
- Parents/guardian should read and complete the Playing in a Higher Age Group Consent Form
- An explanation of the increased risks by the Club representative to the parents/guardian and player
- Club Coach (and team coach) will assess the player’s capacity for higher age group play
- Parents/guardian should sign the form (if not already done)
- If all the above steps are completed, the Club representative will approve the form and submit into CRRL and Registrar for entry into the registration system